Become acquainted with Fire Safety rules in any outdoor space you wish to use the candle in. Actively prevent forest fires with all your practices. Always follow candle safety rules to prevent fire, personal injury and/or property damage.
HOW TO BURN A CANDLE SAFELY
1. Trim the wick 1/4″ from top of wax before lighting the candle for the first time. Burn for at least one hour to establish burn pool.
2. Be sure the candle is placed on a stable, heat-resistant surface – you can use the metal lid to prevent heat damage to underlying surfaces and prevent glass containers from breaking. Never touch, tilt or move a burning candle.
3. Burn candles in a well-ventilated area without draft. Extinguish a candle if it repeatedly smokes, flickers or the flame becomes too high. Cool, trim the wick, remove debris, then check for drafts before relighting.
4. Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings and debris at all times.
5. Always keep a burning candle within sight. Extinguish all candles when leaving the area or before going to sleep. Be sure the wick ember is no longer glowing.
6. Don’t burn a candle all the way down. Extinguish the flame if it comes too close to the glass container. Discontinue burning a candle when ½ inch of wax remains in the glass container. You can wipe out the jar with a paper towel or other compostable dry material, wash to reuse for other purposes and recycle the metal wick holder.